Position Description: Nursery Ministry Coordinator
Context and Overview of Position: We seek to provide a warm, welcoming, and safe environment for all our members and guests. In that context, it is our intent to ensure that our nursery for infants and toddlers (birth through 4 yrs.) is staffed by welcoming and caring adults who will provide a consistent “face” of the ministry to parents and their children. It will be the responsibility of the Nursery Ministry Coordinator to build, oversee, and coordinate the Nursery Ministry Team that serves at our Sunday worship services.
This is a three (3) hour per week, part-time position. We are seeking two Coordinators. One will be responsible for the nursery ministry during our early service; the other during the late service. The ministry teams will serve at the following times:
Early Service: 7:15 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
Late Service: 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Thirty (30) minutes per week for planning and meetings are included in this position.
Compensation: $2,627 per year for each coordinator.
Vacation / Sick: Four weeks per year of combined vacation & sick time.
- Overseeing the nursery during Sunday worship service
- Preparing weekly age appropriate curriculum and provide intentional programming for children, partnering with parents to become spiritual leaders for their kids.
- Keeping rooms looking neat, clean, and sanitized.
- Recruiting, training and managing volunteers who are in ministry with infants and toddlers in our care
- Creating and communicating monthly Schedules for volunteers and the Communications Coordinator.
- Adhering to the Kidsafe and the Safety & Security Plan of Redeemer for all children in nursery and training all volunteers.
- Recording attendance in Redeemer’s database system and collecting attendance sheets for the Minister of Evangelism.
- Reporting needs (supplies) and concerns to Minister of Evangelism.
- Serving as point of contact for new families with nursery age children. Within two weeks, provide phone call or letter to welcome families and explain nursery operations
- Regularly attend worship
- Providing input for the budget process
- Praying for the volunteers and the children.
- Closely coordinating with the Children’s Ministry about ministry with infants and toddlers and the furnishing of the nursery and toddler rooms
- Attending ongoing Guest Services meetings when necessary.
- Wearing identification name tag when serving.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrates a strong faith in Jesus Christ and committed to living a godly lifestyle
- Self-motivated, flexible, personable, positive, dedicated, dependable, innovative, friendly, enthusiastic, creative, relates well to children
- Organizational skills, including basic computer skills: Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Possess the spiritual gifts of compassion, encouragement, & administration
- Commitment to evangelism and facilitating spiritual growth for children
- A passion for working with infants and toddlers and their families
- First Aid and CPR certification is required
- Complete a background check.
- Membership at Redeemer is recommended
- Sign and live by the “Leadership Covenant of Relationship”